PARKS & RECREATION
ABOUT PARKS & RECREATION
The Southside Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to providing and maintaining quality athletic programs and facilities in a clean, attractive, and operable condition that will enrich residents' quality of life and encourage unity and pride within the community. The Southside Parks & Recreation Department aims to enhance the physical and social well-being of all the members of our community, both young and old, by providing a safe, clean, and pleasant environment.
1450 Parker Anderson Lane, Southside, AL 35907
- Four 300 foot fields that can be transitioned into 200 foot fields using temporary fences for youth.
- Batting Cage
- Playground equipment with swings (available when events are going on at the complex, and when league games and tournaments are being played.)
- Adult softball league is played during the summer.
- Youth leagues are played in the spring and the fall.
- Host adult and youth tournaments.
- Concession Stand and Restrooms
- Parking lot with Handicap Parking
Southside City Park
3150 Hawthorne Place, Southside, AL 35907
- Located directly behind Southside Elementary School
- Park is shared with the Elementary School, therefore is not available to the public during school hours.
- Playground equipment with swings.
- The pavilion can be used for birthday parties at no cost. Please call Parks & Recreation Department to reserve.
721 Pier 77 Lane, Southside, AL 35907
- Blackstone Bait Shack is a restaurant on the property.
- Playground Equipment with swings
- Picnic Tables
- Deck and Patio Area
- Boat Ramp has two lanes, one on each side of stationary dock.
- 12 boat slips
- Walking Trail
- Handicap Parking
- 35 boat trailer parking spots
- 45 Single vehicle parking
2361 School Drive Southside, AL 35907
- .75 miles in length
- Lights for walking in the evening